What is stress?
According to the Stress Management Society, “Stress is primarily a physical response. When stressed, the body thinks it is under attack and switches to ‘fight or flight’ mode, releasing a complex mix of hormones and chemicals such as adrenaline, cortisol and norepinephrine to prepare the body for physical action.”
Manage Your Stress Using Healthy Coping Strategies
- Avoid caffeine
- Exercise often
- Get at least 7-8 hours of sleep
- Relaxation and deep breathing techniques/Meditation -Talk to a someone
- Take control of stressful situations, when possible
- Learn to say No, if your plate is too full
- Slow down and take a break when you need it -Eat a balanced diet
- Find a hobby that you love
- Don’t beat yourself up over things
- Eliminate the things that trigger stress in your life.